The Realme X3 Superzoom comes to Europe for 499 euros. The smartphone offers a camera with 60x zoom. Where do you have to cut back?
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Realme has only been officially represented in Germany since April. After the first entry-level and mid-range models, a flagship is now coming to Europe – at a very reasonable price. Realme attaches great importance to the camera in the X3 Superzoom. Where was the saving instead?
Realme uses a quad camera for the X3 Superzoom. The main lens has a resolution of 64 MP, aperture f / 1.8 and uses the Samsung sensor GW1 with 1 / 1.72 inches. The ultra-white angle has a resolution of 8 MP, as does the telephoto, which achieves a 5x optical zoom with periscope technology. There is also a 2 MP macro that can be used to approach the subject up to 4 centimeters. The camera can be zoomed digitally up to 60 times, with a sample image on the Realme website already makes it clear that this is associated with a major loss in quality.
The front camera has a resolution of 32 MP and uses the Sony IMX616 as a sensor. There is also an 8 MP ultra wide angle on the front. Both selfie cameras are located on the side in an elongated recess in the display. This measures 6.6 inches and offers FHD + resolution (2,400 x 1,080 pixels) and a refresh rate of 120 Hz.
Realme does not use the current Snapdragon 865 for the processor, but instead uses the previous year Snapdragon 855+, which is supported by 8 or 12 GB of RAM depending on the model. The internal memory is 128 or 256 GB. The battery holds 4,200 mAh and can be charged with up to 30 watts.
- Display: 6.6 inches, 2,400 x 1,080 pixels, 120 Hz, Gorilla Glass 5
- Height Weight: 163.8 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm / 202 grams
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- GPU: Adreno 640
- R.A.M: 8/12 GB (LPDDR4X)
- Storage space: 128/256 GB (UFS 3.0)
- Quad main camera: 64 MP (Samsung GW1, wide angle, f / 1.8) + 8 MP (ultra wide angle, f / 2.3) + 8 MP (Telephoto, OIS, f / 3.4, 5x optical zoom) + 2 MP (macro, f / 2.4) , Video up 4K at 60 fps
- Dual front camera: 32 MP (wide angle, f / 2.5) + 8 MP (ultra wide angle, f / 2.2), video up to 1,080p with 30 fps
- Battery pack: 4,200 mAh (30 watts)
- Interfaces: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE
- Operating system: Android 10 with realme UI
- Colours: Arctic White, Glacier Blue
- Price: 499 euros
Price and availability
The Realme X3 Superzoom will be available in Europe from June 2nd. Although it has not yet been explicitly announced for Germany, it has been announced via the Online shop from Realme, Who basically also delivers to Germany, can already be pre-ordered. The model with 12 GB RAM and 256 GB memory is offered there for 499 euros.